[M3devel] M3CG_Rd.m3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 6 10:29:59 CEST 2012

http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cm3/m3-sys/m3middle/src/M3CG_Rd.m3.diff?r1=1.14;r2=1.15;f=u

Tony, now I'm reviewing your changes (CVS sure doesn't make this easy!)Apparent problem here.Granted, I could have left a comment in the code as to what was going on.(not that the vast bulk of m3-sys is well commented!)

Revision 1.15: download - view: text, markup, annotated - select for diffsTue Sep 4 16:52:46 2012 (41 hours, 23 minutes ago) by hoskingBranches: MAINCVS tags: HEADDiff to: previous 1.14: preferred, unifiedChanges since revision 1.14: +2 -2 linesBest to retain error checking on return values from Convert.ToInt.

See here:
Revision 1.14: download - view: text, markup, annotated - select for diffsWed Aug 22 16:15:40 2012 (2 weeks ago) by jkrellBranches: MAINDiff to: previous 1.13: preferred, unifiedChanges since revision 1.13: +2 -2 lineswhen printing variables and procedures:e.g:	begin_procedure	 p.32	store		 v.33 0 Addr Addr
instead:	begin_procedure	 p.32.Makefile__NoteSourceFile	store		 v.33.file 0 Addr Addr
i.e. much more readablegranted, less compact, not "normalized" (redundant data)
I verified that m3cgcat still roundtrips.  Not that I ever tried that before, but that is what  the design implied the ability to do. Not that  it is likely important these days/years/decades.
The delimiting "." is chosen to stop integer parsingIt is presumed names don't contain spaces, or whatever,that M3CG_Rd is ok with this extra output from M3CG_Wr.I only tried with one file.
Note that I hacked M3CG_Rd__CvtInt to not complain about the extra text.It might be better to have it verify it some, like that it is dotfollowed by star or a valid pair of "__" delimited identifiers.