[M3devel] alternate implementation of opaque types?

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Apr 8 18:08:08 CEST 2013

I agree COM/Java/C# interfaces are very good for structuring large systems, maintaining opacity, and are reasonably simple and efficient.

They preclude direct access to public data, for better and worse.

They are achievable in Modula-3, like in C, tediously and you invent your own idiom (a separate object, with back pointer to the "real" one, and small functions to forward to it.)

I don't know what Oberon/golang do here.

 - Jay