[M3devel] m3 libevent binding + objectification, pre-pre-release :)

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Apr 16 18:48:05 CEST 2013

Yes and no.Agreed one must avoid these constructs, file names that differ only in case.  It is filesystems not operating systems that are generally case sensitive or case insensitive, though it is even more complicated than that.  Consider networked file systems.All of ext3, HFS+, NTFS, FAT, and more are usable on Windows, MacOSX, and Linux/Unix.  I believe ext3 is always case sensitive, FAT is always case insensitive, HFS+ I think it is an option at format time, and NTFS gets passed a flag as to case sensitivity for every file open call (and the upcase table is stored on disk at format time, in order to be stable for the entire life of the volume independent of what version of what operating system is operating on it) (er..the flag is by virtue of the NT kernel, so many file systems get the flag, but I assume some ignore it, and NTFS can be used on Linux and MacOSX and I don't know if such a flag exists there.)    - Jay From: rcolebur at SCIRES.COM