[M3devel] Fwd: Re: Fw: UTF-16: Greek alphabet with CM3

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at elstel.org
Sun Dec 1 09:47:37 CET 2013

Am 30.11.2013 17:02, schrieb Rodney M. Bates:

> The en/decoders are available in one-code-point-per-call forms, as well
> as in filters that are semantically almost identical to Wr and Rd, which
> work on whole streams, with a constant encoding.  The latter, in front of
> TextWr/TextRd would probably make it easy to interface to any GUI library
> that uses in-memory UTF-8, etc.
>
> It also would not be hard to make these work with 16-bit WIDECHAR, with
> any input coded beyond UFFFF converted to the standard Unicode
> replacement
> UFFFD.  It sounds like you would be unlikely to use such values.
Yes, for that project I just need letters up to 0xFFFF i.e. latin-1 and -7.
Currently I have copied a keyboard translation into
/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/
that will give me greek chracters on [AltGr][Letter]. Nonetheless the
current
Windows implementation of the simulator suffices without such a trick
because
it can intercept the [AltGr] keystrokes. I have not evaluated yet
whether the
current VBT input form would allow a similar mechanism.

> How soon do you need to start?
It would be good if that was available until January so that I can
approach to
finish my work until February. Fortunately there is some work which I could
do in advance at least if the interfaces should not change radically. At
least
I should have some result at the beginning of March.

Thanks for your effort,
Elmar