[M3devel] LLVM backend?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 28 06:04:46 CET 2013

I was thinking of looking into LLVM more. For selfish reasons -- resume growth, but no matter. 1) Tony, are you making progress? Should I wait? Collaberate? Go it alone?
2) An LLVM backend would I suspect have the same lack of m3gdb support as a C backend.
Does that bother people?Actually I was just skimming "parse.c"..I don't remember exactly how I decided it is all a stabs-specific hack.Though, I do realize 1) typeids are encoded in identifier names, which certainly hurts debuggingw/o m3gdb 2) types aren't being described as they ought to be.