[M3devel] Fw: Re: Fw: UTF-16: Greek alphabet with CM3

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at elstel.org
Fri Nov 29 18:21:57 CET 2013

As said the difference between UTF-8 and UTF-16 should not matter
as long as we just use 16bit characters and as I plan to use a 'tr'
function like in qt in order to convert into the current local language
which will also handle things like character encoding.

As far as I can remember we had something that could convert
C interfaces into Modula-3. Is that correct, Olaf?
Also; wasn`t there once an attempt to also convert GTK?
Nonetheless converting a light weight toolkit may be easier and
sufficient for the given purpose.

If any of the mentioned languages supported nested procedures
and objects at the same time that would allow me to convert
existing Object Pascal code without wrapper objects which I
would personally like to avoid. C and C++ do not have this
feature apart from a very different syntax which would make
a converter basing on an LL1 parser necessary. I don`t know
that much about Lua and LED. However something that
compiles would be fine as well.

Elmar