[M3devel] Fw: UTF-16: Greek alphabet with CM3

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Sat Nov 30 06:46:55 CET 2013

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 07:47:55AM +0100, Olaf Wagner wrote:
> I know that there have been controverse discussions about the right
> way to do unicode support.
>
> Is there any way to help Elmar Stellnberger with a quick solution?

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-7
It seems there's an eight-bit code that's enough for the Greek language.
So in theory all you need to do is set the right environment variables
to specify a Greek character set.  In practice you might have to define
the geometry fot the Greek characters for Trestle.  Unless it manages
to use the underlying OS support for this.

-- hendrik