[M3devel] M3 on Raspberry Pi cont'd...

mika at async.caltech.edu mika at async.caltech.edu
Tue Oct 15 01:11:31 CEST 2013

A bit of success... I found that CVS had mangled RTMachine.i3 (why??) and that was causing things to go very wrong.

I did manage to upgrade my compiler to the head.

./boot1.py ARMEL_LINUX still leads to the tree error:

make: *** No rule to make target `c-family/c-pragma.h', needed by `arm.o'.  Stop.

./boot1.py c ARMEL_LINUX results in a new problem:

../src/runtime/common/RTAllocator.m3", line 14: internal_begin_procedure: in_proc; C backend requires M3_FRONT_FLAGS = ["-unfold_nested_procs"] in config file

but after fixing that I get a boot archive!  Very exciting.  What do I do now?  I'm trying to run everything through cc -O3 -c

This machine is quite slow, maybe it would be nice to have a version of the front end that generates C without comments? :)  (I'm not saying it should be the default.)

      Mika