[M3devel] Fwd: Fork bug

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Fri Jul 11 06:36:29 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:39:41PM +0000, Daniel Alejandro Benavides Diaz wrote:
> Hi all:
> We can see this kind of reasoning in the The C++ Programming Language report quote in SPWM3, as it reads like "C++ has a lot of operators and while be explained where and if needed".
>
> This is not reasonable for my, please don't make me attempt return Dragisha :)
>
> Thanks in advance

Recursive reentry into a semaphore might just possibly indicate a
serious bug in the logic of one's program.  It is not the purpose of
Modula 3 to paper over the effects of bad programming, however
convenient it seems to be.

Perhaps if you came up with useful, convenient, and elegant proof rules
for your desired behaviour, you might convince me otherwise.

-- hendrik