[M3devel] Starting out with CM3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun Jun 1 12:20:49 CEST 2014

 > MinGW

 I got this working years ago, but it isn't in active use.
 Things are structured now such that bit-rot is fairly slow, so it could still work.

 Someone besides me should document the cross/bootstrap steps,
  that granted, I advocate and use:
  First you will want a working install on any system.
  Then you will:
   cd scripts/python
   boot1.py I386_MINGW
   if this works, you'll have a .tar.gz or .zip there.
   Extract it on target system, cd into it, make.
  That gives you cm3. Make sure it runs and prints "can't find config" or similar.
   Put it somewhere, on $PATH, e.g. /cm3/bin, and then boot2.sh.

You could try these old builds:

  http://opencm3.net/uploaded-archives/index.html
  http://opencm3.net/uploaded-archives/cm3-min-NT386MINGNU-d5.7.1.tar.gz
  etc.

 There is also I386_CYGWIN. And I386_INTERIX which is noticeably faster due to fast fork.

NT386GNU and NT386MINGNU are old names for I386_CYGWIN and I386_MINGW.

 - Jay