[M3devel] Fwd: github rename question

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Tue Nov 18 20:06:48 CET 2014

Is https://github.com/modula3/cm3 just a rename of https://github.com/dragisha/cm3?
Or a different repository?  I seem to have the latter name stored somewhere in my local
repository, as its origin, and am seeing worrisome messages about the different names.

I did a fetch and merge in my local repo, which appeared to work as expected, but said
it was merging from dragisha. Then at the end, it told me the name had changed.  Later,
I did a push, with several local commits waiting.  Now, github shows _my_ merge as a
commit in _its_ repo, which seems very odd.  Could this have backdated things to
an outdated repo?

--
Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org