[M3devel] github rename question

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Sat Nov 29 00:27:40 CET 2014

 From a combination of reading github documentation pages and a couple of experiments,
I am pretty well convinced that the two github repository URLs I was worried about
are just pointers to the same repo.  I also successfully changed the URL my local
repo has stored as the 'origin' repo to the new one, so now it doesn't nag or
worry me when I do pulls or pushes.

I still can't supply an explicit URL to any git command to name the remote repo.
They all either give error messages or do apparently nothing.

--
Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org