[M3devel] multi-threaded m3front?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 11 21:04:23 CEST 2015

There are clearly three speeds to the compiler in my informal observation.
 The NT386 backend is fastest.  The m3cg backend is medium.  The C backed is a little slower.

But if this can all be divided by number of cores, and the I/O overlapped,they might all be fast. :)

I would like to write more integrated backends, but the C backend needs a bit more work,and we want to remove setjmp/longjmp for most targets still,and the existing M3x86.m3 has a terrible debugging story -- only line numbers.

 - Jay