[M3devel] multi-threaded m3front?

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Tue Aug 11 23:01:40 CEST 2015

In my informal observation, it is additionally true that:

On 08/11/2015 02:04 PM, Jay K wrote:
> There are clearly three speeds to the compiler in my informal observation.
>
>   The NT386 backend is fastest.
>   The m3cg backend is medium.
>   The C backed is a little slower.

     gcc compiling m3cc is quite a bit slower than cm3 with m3cc backend.
     gcc compiling llvm/clang is a lot slower than that.
     clang compiling individual C++ units is noticeably slower than gcc
       on the same units.

All of which is leading to my feeling that compiling Modula-3 code is already
so much faster than compiling C or C++, that it's a pretty minor need to
speed it up even more.