[M3devel] Build Server - Plan

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun Aug 16 12:11:15 CEST 2015

Autoconf output has little/none dependency.Sun's SPARC optimization are mostly irrelevant as we have little C code,unless you use the C backend.

 > somewhat of a test of C portability
This I appreciate. We have some C code and the C backend.More compilers have "helped".The Tru64 compiler was another.On HP-UX in-box I had only K&R so resorted to gcc (Including bootstrapping through gcc 3.x;see m3-sys/m3cc/src/m3makefile...)We work with Microsoft Visual C++ too.And now clang -- having found and worked around a bug in its assembler.Some time soon I'll expand to Metrowerks and Digital Mars..
 - Jay