[M3devel] frame per procedure instead of frame per TRY?

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at elstel.org
Sun Jul 19 10:57:11 CEST 2015

Am 2015-07-18 um 13:05 schrieb Jay K:

> However, has anyone considered a form that does use setjmp but
> uses at most one frame per procedure, instead of a frame per TRY?

I don`t think that this will work for the general case.
Consider a try - except in the middle of a code block.
If you leave it, it needs to continue after the END of
the TRY-EXCEPT and not after the END of the
procedure.

What you can do is re-use the same jumpbuf-frame
for a nested try-finally and try - except :

  TRY
     TRY
      EXCEPT
      END;
   FINALLY
   END;

or simply

   TRY
   EXCEPT
   FINALLY
   END;

I can remember having once implemented the latter for PM3.
However I am no more sure about the intrinsics...