[M3devel] A proposal, was m3cgc1: fatal error: *** bad M3CG version stamp (0x100), expected 0x110

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Tue Jun 2 02:54:45 CEST 2015

Here is a short-term proposal (i.e., without major reorganization)
for the do-cm3*.sh scripts:

1) 'build' only builds, as we seem to agree it should.
2) a new option 'override' (and only 'override') causes an override build
3) a new option 'partialship' ships, as each package is done, things that
    will be needed to compile another package that does a quake import on the
    just-built package (I think this means static library, if any, and .M3WEB),
    but does not ship things that will be used to execute the just-built package
    (I think this means executable or dynamic library).  I'm not sure right off
    hand which ship group things like interface source files, etc. belong in.

Plus, just as conveniences:

4) buildship means the same as build and ship (I think this is already the case.)
5) buildpartialship means the same as build and partialship
6) All these options at least allow a leading hyphen, so they are like the
    cm3 command.

I guess cm3 should also have a -shippartial

--
Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org