[M3devel] rpath woes

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Jun 4 20:05:00 CEST 2015

My understanding:
The modula-3 libraries, e.g. m3core,are found from the rpath I put in, like
$ORIGIN:$ORIGIN/../lib
Other libraries like libc.so are found by full path, that is already correct at build time?
Do users want to possibly have a private /usr/local/lib/libc.so?I hadn't considered that.
Or build is "staged" and the full paths aren't correct at build time?I think I hadn't considered that either.

You are on the right track, looking in this area.
Did you notice the "portable rpath" thingy that make-dist.py changes?

 - Jay