[M3devel] install issues (stripping, permissions)

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 5 20:51:13 CEST 2015

This is kind of on purpose as Olaf said and kind of broken as you point out.

We often build_standalone() to workaround the origin/rpath matte.

We kind of fail here, in terms of library paths.

I don't think the original system fully accounted for runpath.
I think at the time, LD_LIBRARY_PATH might have been considered an acceptable solution.
Elsewhere, with libtool, make install relinks to reset paths. We don't have that implemented.
It is somewhat a good solution.

 - Jay