[M3devel] install issues (stripping, permissions)

John Marino adacore at marino.st
Sat Jun 6 07:57:50 CEST 2015

On 6/6/2015 00:59, Jay wrote:
> We could use origin, origin/../lib, origin/../../lib etc? But
> eventually a security problem to reach all around? Plain origin is in
> case the files are all together in one directory like on windows.

I'm not really a fan of just adding every possible rpath.  In this case,
it's either $ORIGIN/../lib or $ORIGIN/../../../lib, but together is
never correct (as the other mail indicates, $ORIGIN by itself also seems
to be always wrong)

> Isn't it desirable to be buildable w/ system cc/ld and latest?

On DragonFly - yes
On FreeBSD - no.

FreeBSD is stuck with either ancient gcc (4.2.1), ancient binutils
(2.17) or clang.  In every case, it needs to use newer GCC and binutils
from ports to build M3. (and every newer GCC)

John