[M3devel] install issues (stripping, permissions)

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sat Jun 6 10:47:25 CEST 2015

$ORIGIN is "in case" we restructure Unix install to look like Windows install -- moving lib on top of bin.
I realize you'd like just the minimum required, not hypothetical values for the future.

Regarding gcc/ld -- isn't it desirable to have either/both work?
Are there command lines that work with both and provide the same meaning?

Does our stuff not work with older gcc/ld?
Do ports in general avoid system gcc/ld?

Does clang work?
I intend to try.

 - Jay