[M3devel] Bootstrapping cm3 on OS X 10.9.5

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Mon May 18 18:55:10 CEST 2015

Olaf, I think you must have a wrong version of cm3cg.  I paper-traced through the first
few IR opcodes of PklFpMap.mc (as generated by my cm3 executable, fairly recently built
from the git repository) and encountered several changes to the binary opcodes,
one of which I made.  Using a release 5.8 version of cm3cg, I got a similar (though
not identical) error:

rodney at allegheny:~/proj/m3/git/cm3/m3-libs/libm3/AMD64_LINUX$ /usr/local/cm3-release/bin/cm3cg  -quiet -fno-reorder-blocks -funwind-tables -fPIC   -m64 -gstabs+ PklFpMap.mc -o PklFpMap.ms
cm3cg: fatal error:  *** illegal type: 0x20, at m3cg_lineno 2
compilation terminated.

The type 0x20 and and m3cg_lineno 2 values agree with what I expect from the source code
I have for the release branch, CVS repository.  That suggests you have a third version
of cm3cg.  (Or maybe not the right version of cm3 front-end?)

This is on AMD64_LINUX.

--
Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org