[M3devel] m3cgc1: fatal error: *** bad M3CG version stamp (0x100), expected 0x110

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri May 29 20:03:10 CEST 2015

 > It might work -- as long as you have older gmp, mpfr, etc. I found the
 > problem with those bootstrap is they were dynamically linked to
 > libraries that don't exist anymore.

 We went far out of our way to statically link this. Darn.

> > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/ports/lang/modula3/work/bootstrap//bin/cm3cg: Undefined symbol "_ThreadRuneLocale"

_ThreadRuneLocale --- we should look into.Ideally we can build on newer systems and still target older systems.That is very commonly done on Mac and Windows, at least.Maybe there are #defines or config to suppress unused newer stuff?
I also went out of my way to suppress dynamic links to libiconv.That has been a problem e.g. on Solaris.It was coming in I believe because cm3cg linked in a C preprocessor (seriously),because you know, like, all gcc frontends can use that.. (and the cm3cg backend again,is a gcc frontend, for an unusual binary-encoded language)..

 - Jay
[snip]