[M3devel] m3cgc1: fatal error: *** bad M3CG version stamp (0x100), expected 0x110

John Marino adacore at marino.st
Fri May 29 20:10:35 CEST 2015

On 5/29/2015 20:03, Jay K wrote:

>  > It might work -- as long as you have older gmp, mpfr, etc. I found the
>  > problem with those bootstrap is they were dynamically linked to
>  > libraries that don't exist anymore.
>

>  We went far out of our way to statically link this. Darn.

It is okay, the port M3 bootstrap is statically linked.

> _ThreadRuneLocale --- we should look into.
> Ideally we can build on newer systems and still target older systems.
> That is very commonly done on Mac and Windows, at least.
> Maybe there are #defines or config to suppress unused newer stuff?

This was 100% my fault.  The bootstrap was built on FreeBSD 9.  I should
have built it on FreeBSD 8, but I didn't know the impact.  If I had done
that, you wouldn't be seeing this error.

FreeBSD 8 "expires" at the end of June, so it's a non-issue really.

John