[M3devel] m3cgc1: fatal error: *** bad M3CG version stamp (0x100), expected 0x110

John Marino adacore at marino.st
Fri May 29 20:43:30 CEST 2015

On 5/29/2015 20:15, Olaf Wagner wrote:

> Well, yes, I understand that. I would have tried your exact setup,
> but I have no system available to test that on.
>
> At least I have validated that based on the origianl 5.8.6 installation
> archive for AMD64_FREEBSD you can build the new compiler from the current
> sources with a simple call of the upgrade.sh script. which I still doubted
> yesterday.

The card I still have left to play is to extract the bootstrap, let it
overwrite itself per Rodney's technique and then build the real compiler
(dumping the whole "intermediate" area).

I would try that now but I've booted into another OS to work on some GCC
patches that are long overdue to be submitted.

John