[M3devel] m3cgc1: fatal error: *** bad M3CG version stamp (0x100), expected 0x110

John Marino adacore at marino.st
Sun May 31 09:41:16 CEST 2015

On 5/29/2015 20:43, John Marino wrote:
> On 5/29/2015 20:15, Olaf Wagner wrote:
>>
>> Well, yes, I understand that. I would have tried your exact setup,
>> but I have no system available to test that on.
>>
>> At least I have validated that based on the origianl 5.8.6 installation
>> archive for AMD64_FREEBSD you can build the new compiler from the current
>> sources with a simple call of the upgrade.sh script. which I still doubted
>> yesterday.
>

> The card I still have left to play is to extract the bootstrap, let it
> overwrite itself per Rodney's technique and then build the real compiler
> (dumping the whole "intermediate" area).

FWIW, this did not work either.  Rodney's technique doesn't seem to work
with the ports bootstrap.  I don't know why it would work with provided
5.8.6 but not rebuilt one.  As far as I can tell, I did what he said
would always work.

I'm at a loss as to where to go from here.  It's starting to look like I
have to throw away the ports 5.8.6 bootstrap and start over somehow.  I
don't think it should be this hard. :(

John