[M3devel] m3cgc1: fatal error: *** bad M3CG version stamp (0x100), expected 0x110

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun May 31 11:53:59 CEST 2015

John, have you tried make-dist.py?
i.e. https://github.com/modula3/cm3/blob/master/scripts/python/make-dist.py

While it might not be exactly what you need, it should demonstrate the elements.

I will try to try this all soon, really, I hope so.

It starts with a working compiler, does no in-place updates, build into a unique directory in /tmp, and gives you .tar.gz or such at the end.
It does "min" and "all".

If you set the STAGE environment variable, it uses that instead of /tmp.
It should probably be called M3_STATE or M3_MAKEDIST_STAGE.

 - Jay