[M3devel] elimining builder.C mode (instead IntegratedObject and another boolean)

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Sep 21 04:22:25 CEST 2015

I want remove the C mode from the builder and just use IntegratedObject.The goal is to expose Builder.RunCC to M3C.    Something like:     add some data to MC3CG_Op.TI wouldn't bother with "set" functions.  I'm also not making them module global -- this could be globals in M3C.But I want to preserve the illusion that things can be easily made multi-threaded (m3front structuring very much to the contrary...)
The data will be: declare Builder.State <: REFANY in Builder.i3   M3CG_Ops should get    RunCCState: Builder.State;    OR   BuilderState: Builder.State;
  keep_files: BOOLEAN;    PROCEDURE RunCC (s: State;  source, object: TEXT;  debug, optimize: BOOLEAN;                  include_path: Arg.List): BOOLEAN (* Success. *);  or possibly:   PROCEDURE RunCC (s: State;  source, object: TEXT): BOOLEAN (* Success. *);    or possibly:   PROCEDURE RunCC (s: State;  source: TEXT; u: M3Unit.T): BOOLEAN (* Success. *)     include_path isn't really needed here.
also:  M3Backend.PROCEDURE Open (target: Wr.T;  target_name: TEXT;  backend_mode: M3BackendMode_t): M3CG.T;
should be changed to:  PROCEDURE Open (m3file: TEXT; target: Wr.T;  target_name: TEXT;  backend_mode: M3BackendMode_t): M3CG.T;

ok?