[M3devel] CM3 Next Problem (cm3 start msg)

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Sun Oct 2 18:01:28 CEST 2016

On 09/30/2016 08:50 PM, Wolfgang Keller wrote:
> Hello Rodney
>
> Coming back to the "next problem" series, I pick the following:
>
>      constant error reaction of "cm3" compiler program
>
> 1) I am working with and referring to the pre-release which I downloaded from GitHub
>
> d5.9.0 AMD64_LINUX as of Aug 19 2014; <https://github.com/modula3/cm3/releases/tag/verification-release-x86_64>I run Linux 4.4.0-36 in Ubuntu 14.04.
>
> 2) Problem: If "cm3" is started with unspecific or without parameter, the constant reaction is a fundamental error message:
>
> ***
> *** runtime error:
> ***    Exception "PathnamePosix.CheckedRuntimeError" not in RAISES list
> ***    file "../src/os/POSIX/PathnamePosix.m3", line 98
> ***
>
> This error does not appear to refer to any source-text input.

I have been unable to reproduce this.  It should not crash, and should give a
helpful message.  But this probably starts with an operational problem.  I can
easily see that the latest git repository still will show this behavior.

What command, in what current directory, are you using?

--
Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org