[M3devel] Compiling for Windows

dirk muysers dmuysers at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 7 13:08:16 CEST 2019

One thing I never understood:

Why, in order to compile Modula-3 code, am I obliged to download, install (and learn to use) an over-complicated MS Visual Studio that takes more than two GB of memory, while there are lots of free C compilers and linkers (including for Windows)

The Tiny C Compiler (TCC) has everything we need (header files, compiler, linker), compiles and links about 10 times faster than other C compilers and occupies 6MB on one's computer.

I don't want to learn the thousand and one subtilities of the umpteen times refactored MS monster. All I want is to effortlessly compile and run my M3 code. The only thing I want to know about Windows is its runtime API, the rest I dont care a bit.