[M3devel] Different forms of the language definition

Rodney M. Bates rodney.bates at wichita.edu
Thu Aug 9 01:10:30 CEST 2007

I checked in a .tex, a one-page .html, and a .ps version of the
Modula-3 language definition, with the intent to get them consistent
with each other and the multi-page html version.

Does anyone have any ideas about the best way to derive the different
forms from a single source, or how it was originally done?

I personally don't find an on-line form very usable, and printing multiple
html pages is both tedious to do and rather bad-looking to use.  Even a
paper print of the one-page html form doesn't look great.  My favorite is
a .ps or .pdf.  But the .ps I had and checked in appears to be been
converted from a one-page html form and looks like a print from a web
browser.  I can easily produce a nice .ps from the .tex with Latex.

I am sure some will prefer other forms than I do.

Rodney M. Bates, retired assistant professor
Dept. of Computer Science, Wichita State University
Wichita, KS 67260-0083
316-978-3922
rodney.bates at wichita.edu