[M3devel] Windows

Tony Hosking hosking at cs.purdue.edu
Thu Aug 16 15:42:53 CEST 2007

With the current native Windows backend (m3back) blindly assuming
(without even checking!) that all integer operations are 32-bit, I
wonder if anyone out there has the expertise, time, or inclination to
smarten it up to handle both 32-bit and 64-bit ops.  It should not be
*too* hard, but I don't have the time for it now, though I would be
happy to answer any questions that arise.  Unfortunately, this
reveals that Windows support is withering on the vine, in spite of
Jay's excellent recent work.  As of now, this means that Windows can
only build CVS sources with the tag devel_LONGINT_start.  Bridging
the gap will require smartening up m3back or using the gcc-based
backend.