[M3devel] trouble installing on a Debian lenny system.

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Wed Apr 9 03:24:11 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 09:17:42PM -0400, hendrik at topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 12:57:39AM +0000, Jay wrote:
> > "Rushing through the dialogues" is a new feature. I kept complaining
> about how dumb it was. On NT386* at least, I stopped using cminstall
> altogether. There is an -interactive option or somesuch.
>

> >  - Jay
> >

> But I suspect finding nonexistent files isn't a feature, new or old.  Is
> it going to cause trouble later on?  Is it going to try to install
> things that depend on postgres and odbc and fall apart?

The -interactive option gives me interaction.  But it still finds the
nonexistent libpq.so in /usr/lib.

Where are the Postgres95 libraries?
looking for library file(s): libpq.so
checking for library files in directory /usr/lib... not found
checking for library files in directory /usr/local/postgres95/lib...
not found
checking for library files in directory /usr/local/lib... not found
checking for directory /usr/lib... found

1: /usr/lib
Where are the Postgres95 libraries? [/usr/lib](1 of 1)

Only after I accept the default location does it notice threre's no such
file there.  I find this confusing, because it correctly fails to find
in in all the other locations.

But I guess I can live with this, because it gives me the chance to say:

The libraries libpq.so are not present in the chosen directory.
Would you like to change the library names? [yes] no
Would you like to continue nonetheless? [yes] yes

Thanks.

-- hendrik