[M3devel] cygwin users?

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Sun Jan 20 23:45:32 CET 2008

Quoting Jay <jayk123 at hotmail.com>:

> Does anyone who is asking for Cygwin support actually use it? Or you
>  are all just Unix users?
> (And MinGW users either?)
> I mean, are we hearing what people want and will use, or just what
> ought to exist in some ideal world?

I haven been using Cygwin several years ago, and would do so again.
Whenever I have to use a Windows system, one of the first things
I do is install Cygwin to have a comfortable command line environment
I am familiar with.

I'd be especially interested in M3-XWindows programs running on Cygwin,
as the native Trestle implementation was never complete, IIRC. And
X-Servers are really common and easy to install nowadays even on Windows.

Olaf