[M3devel] Checkins

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:54:40 CET 2008

hm, cvs release, didn't know about that.
I thought I had been much slower actually.
I added a file first, to better show history, then one well tested, on one platform, thought to be coherent checkin, then updated my Mac and found the missing file, fixed it, etc. There was also a missing file for NT386GNU that nobody would notice. I also set up my testing to build the more-Posix path on NT386GNU to be sure it built and ran. I am not much into the habit of testing on more than one machine/platform before submitting, though sometimes, and actually NT386GNU makes that easier -- two platforms on one machine. I am more in the habit of testing other machines right after commit.
I haven't found a convenient way to move changes..cvs diff into a file, copy that, and patch? Or maybe share out the tree over the network and build in one tree directly? I should probably try that..

And I can't checkin from the top as I have other definitely unrelated unfinished un-affecting changes, true that sets a trap for myself.

Without the commit mail, what do you run to see recent commits?
cvs filelog likes to default to showing the full history.
I'd like to say, just show the last 10 commits, or the last 20 commits..
I'm operating relatively blindly wrt cvs skills I'm afraid.

And you manually check the tinderbox pages? They don't send mail?

I do run cvs diff but I have a bunch of junk..gotta clean it up..

? bin? caltech-parser/parserlib/.parsertop? caltech-parser/parserlib/html/SeekRd.html? caltech-parser/parserlib/html/calc.html? caltech-parser/parserlib/html/index.html? caltech-parser/parserlib/html/kext.html? caltech-parser/parserlib/html/klex.html? caltech-parser/parserlib/html/ktok.html? caltech-parser/parserlib/html/kyacc.html? caltech-parser/parserlib/html/lr.html? caltech-parser/parserlib/html/m3build.html? caltech-parser/parserlib/html/macroizations? m3-db/smalldb/src/mine? m3-db/smalldb/src/orig? m3-libs/arithmetic/NT386? m3-libs/arithmetic/NT386GNU? m3-libs/commandrw/NT386? m3-libs/commandrw/SOLgnu? m3-libs/deepcopy/NT386? m3-libs/libm3/src/os/NT386GNU? m3-libs/libm3/src/os/POSIX/ProcessCygwin.m3 - Jay

CC: m3devel at elegosoft.com; jkrell at elego.deFrom: hosking at cs.purdue.eduTo: jayk123 at hotmail.comSubject: Re: [M3devel] CheckinsDate: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:43:31 -0400
I didn't take the time to look to closely at what caused the failure, but I did notice a smear of checkins spread over time.  Better to roll it all into one checkin.  I usually do a cvs release to see if there are files (marked by ?) that I forgot to add, and add them, before doing the big checkin as one top-level command.