[M3devel] modula3.org updated links

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Sun Feb 15 12:51:49 CET 2009

Quoting Martin Bishop <martinbishop at bellsouth.net>:

> A while back I said it would be nice if modula3.org could get it's links
> updated, as quite a few of them were dead.  Well I went through the
> links on the front page of modula3.org (as well as the separate "Links"
> page) and updated them.
>
> I only removed one link, and replaced all the dead ones with either
> mirrors or just better links.
>
> (NOTE: They look bad because they aren't using the CSS, but I'm just
> putting these up so someone (Olaf?) can save the source and push to the
> modula3.org CVS.)
>
> http://mbishop.esoteriq.org/modula3.org/Modula-3 Resource Page.html
> (Main page)
>
> http://mbishop.esoteriq.org/modula3.org/index.html (Links page)

I've downloaded the pages, but I'm not able to get a meaningful diff
listing, as there are so many arbitrary changes, even ignoring all
blanks, newlines, and case, that I don't have the time to check them.
I don't want to put them up without testing, as images seem to be
broken, for example, and changes in the case of tags don't improve
maintainability. There also seem to be some strange changes in the
location of pages, like s/images/Modula-3%20Resource%20Page_files/,
which simply don't look right.

Couldn't you send a minimal diff with just the substitutions needed,
without any unnecessary changes? Or simply a list like an sed script
with s/old link/new link/?

That would make it considerably easier to integrate them for me.
Don't misunderstand me, I think it's great that you've checked and
updated all the links, and would like to put the new information on
the server, but I cannot spend too much time on it.

As a general rule, changes in layout and style which don't affect the
funtionality of a page should be separated from content changes, which
need to be checked in a different way.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and help,

Olaf