[M3devel] archive bloat

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 26 14:00:11 CEST 2009

Olaf I think you should trim the archives more. They have lots of intermediate files used to build cm3cg, including the identical copy m3cgc1, various static libraries, etc.

I also don't see the utility of the Modula-3 standalone libraries for which we include what they built into, e.g. libm3back.a, libm3objfile.a, libm3front.a, libm3quake.a.

I'm also not sure what all the CVS files end up doing.
Do the make a checkout go fast?
But surely..they are slightly wrong?

I realize now that the reason lzma didn't always help is because the archives contain system.tgz.