[M3devel] m3tests hanging

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Mon Sep 28 11:18:21 CEST 2009

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> tests seemed hung on I386_DARWIN and I386_OPENBSD.
> I killed some processes to let them continue.
>
> OpenBSD I think we could blame on p007 that Tony fixed already? I
> copied from head.
>   I haven't had good experience with having CVS do merges -- what
>   changes to tell it? You just have to know? I often manually diff
> stuff and copy diffs.

I posted a description on cvs merges some days ago, or didn't it show
up on the list?

>   In this case I just copied the entire file. I wonder if we should
> apply for a Perforce
>   open source license. It does branching very well, knowing what
> changes are where.

Not now. If everybody agrees (which I don't think, as others will
prefer subversion or git or mercurial or ...) _and_ we do much branching,
Perforce might be a good idea. But until now branching was only used
for infrequent release branches, which CVS should be able to handle,
too.

> Darwin I don't have an explanation for.
> So we'll have to just watch it.

So p007 should now terminate on any platform with Tony's fixes?

Olaf