[M3devel] more Hudson nodes? more help in general?

m3 at sol42.com m3 at sol42.com
Mon Aug 9 22:17:35 CEST 2010

Hello.  I know we are talking about machines that would be running 24/7, but maybe is there a way for a machine to automatically join a Hudson server and do some work when it is booted say twice a week (which I concede is the opposite of continuous integration)?
I have some machines that might be of help, but I don't do much with them nowadays and cannot afford to keep them up all the time:
- mostly silent: a Mac mini G4, 1,5GHz, 1GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.5.8;
- somewhat noisy: a Sun Ultra 60, 2*450 MHz, 2GB RAM, Solaris 10 from some time before Oracle changed Solaris terms (meaning it won't be upgraded, but I keep the JDK current);
- like having an airport inside the room: an IRIX machine Hudson will not run on due to lack of a 1.5 JRE :( but if I keep it on in winter then I can turn off heating.
Regards.
-Daniel