[M3devel] moving to new target names, in Hudson?

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Sun Jul 18 17:04:26 CEST 2010

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> Olaf, can I request that if/when you move Hudson to head, that you
> also switch to I386_LINUX, I386_FREEBSD, I386_NT,
> and whatever we decide for SPARC32_SOLARIS?
> I've mostly switched to them myself. It wasn't difficult. (I always
> say that).

It will require a lot of manual work, compared to the more or less
automated transition I just made from release to current for all the
jobs. The target platform names are part of the jobs, and are also used
in various places in the build scripts, so that many things are likely
to break.

My guess is that it will take some days for every target move given my
current attention pattern for cm3, i.e. have a look at how things work
out now and then between other work.

Let's wait until all the jobs work again with their old target names,

Olaf