[M3devel] OpenCSW build farm access

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Wed May 12 08:51:24 CEST 2010

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

>> It's nothing like just shifting the jobs from Jay's machine to opencsw.
>> I've already made half a dozen changes for a simple compile job.
>

> Hm. Maybe I should try installing Solaris 2.9 on my machine? Or a
> separate machine first?
> I would like to offload to Dago if possible.

I understand that.

I can now check out with CVS from the command line, both via the
pserver proxy and a forwarded port via ssh, but still no luck with
Hudson itself. The failure message stays the same
(see http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/view/SOLsun/job/dummy/7/console).

Ideas what's going on are welcome.

But it's not just CVS. The regression test scripts check for
explicit ssh reachability of birch.elegosoft.com; we need scp
or rsync to upload archives, and wget or curl to download.
I'm sure the list will get even longer if we inspect the existing
jobs.

> I had tried to install Solaris 2.8 and/or 2.9 at some point but hit
> some difficulty.
> 2.10 I've now installed multiple times, it is fairly easy.
>
> So..remember..I don't have any fixed IP addresses at all.
> I use free dynamic DNS and port forwarding.
>   Stuff I didn't know about but Olaf pointed me toward and I'm
> pleased with it. :)
> Is that viable here?
>   You wouldn't need dynamic DNS, just port forwarding. As I understand.
> Like, port 222 on login goes to 22 on current9s, stuff like that.

I doubt that opencsw will change their setup for m3.

I'm sure we can work around every little or big problem that comes
up, but I simply haven't got the time for it.

I'd be happy if anybody else tries to port all the SOLsun jobs
from http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/view/SOLsun/
(copy to another name and then adapt) to run on
http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/computer/opencsw_current9s/.

My simple test job currently is in
http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/view/SOLsun/job/dummy/

If nobody else volunteers, I'll try to work on it now and then, but
cannot promise any deadline.

Thanks for all your support,

Olaf