[M3devel] Fwd: Auto-discard notification

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Tue May 4 23:29:07 CEST 2010

Hi:
welcome to M3 world, I think you will not repent of doing it.
About your questions:
1. Yes, there is a simple environment built on top of emacs (M3ide by Michel Dagenais http://www.professeurs.polymtl.ca/michel.dagenais/pkg/m3ide.tg) and Eclipse plugin too (M3clipse by Bert Laverman http://sourceforge.net/projects/m3clipse/) both are open source and would be nice to have some one who can use it.
2. Yes there are, many commercial, for research and open source projects too; a few worth to name here are the scripting VM based programming language UFO waiting for release, in the research arena there are others like the object oriented data base language Galileo and commercial ones there might be several ones but due trademark restrictions to publish their names some are not known.
3. I have one reference worth to check in the side of the DEC SRC M3 vs. others a kind of idea of what you might want to know but could be outdated
http://www.dogfish.org/chris/papers/bakeoff/bakeoff.pdf
http://www.dogfish.org/chris/papers/bakeoff/bakeoff.tar.gz
In the new side you can always take times of programs and compare equivalent ones with time, though it might good to automate performance tests like the ones in the code above url tarball.

I hope it helps