[M3devel] Problems building CM3 from trunk.

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Fri Jun 10 21:46:29 CEST 2011

Hi all:
and here it is (work in progress) in Modula-3 a JVM target compiler (maybe later another VM since UNSAFE is nop in JVM) to create another language (see for the later:
http://xerxys.de/index.php?title=Discussion

) :
http://www.xerxys.org/index.php?title=Xm3

So the all dream about low level code in Modula-3 is nice, is just closer each time I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised they even know the ARX OS, since there they coded everything in Modula-2+, so it's believable (more than SPIN) was (they always run in protected mode, so, I guess this would prove that safe codes needs not to live necessarily in kernel, though SPIN was, but to protect itself from others clients). Anyway, ARX coded even C runtime, so, it's not that surprising they did that yet it's wonderful.

Thanks in advance