[M3devel] helo everyone - videotutorials for modula3

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Wed Jun 15 23:39:33 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 02:49:26PM -0500, felipe valdez wrote:
> hello everyone.
>
> this is me just nagging, and complaining, but not actually doing any useful
> work,
>  but, I guess a logic along the lines of:
>
> do you want postgress integration (optional)?
> >no
> if( YES )
>       please provide the path
> else
>       you have chosen not to integrate at this point.
>       if you ever need to in the future, follow these instructions,
> http://example.com/instructions
> end if
>
> instead of:
>
> do you have the exact path of the non-optional-but-required component?
> >nope
> ok, then, I'll stop working, until you install the non-required dependency.

The usual way this stuff is done in Debian is to have the connection
with postgress be a separate packate, called something like
modula3-postgress. and whose description would say "postress binding for
modula3.

The postinstall scripts for modula3 and mosula3-postgress would
each check for the other package and make the necessary adjustments.

modula3-postgress would depend both on modula3 and on postgress.

There are probably a few library bindings for which this treatment would
be appropriate.

-- hendrik