[M3devel] turning off checking?

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Thu Jul 24 22:06:46 CEST 2014

On 07/24/2014 05:08 AM, mika at async.caltech.edu wrote:
> I added M3_OPTIONS=["NoChecks"] to my cm3.cfg:
>
> (62)truffles:~/t/btc/hsim/gcrit/src>cm3 -x
> --- building in ../AMD64_LINUX ---
>
> new source -> compiling CardCritAttrTbl.i3
> m3c: unknown option, "NoChecks"

Some grepping and reading suggest this message comes from m3front/src/misc/Host.m3:158,
procedure ProcessArg.  This would accept "-NoChecks", note the dash.

Some more poking around reveals it gets these options from Quake variables
M3_OPTIONS and M3_FRONT_FLAGS.

Despite the name "ProcessArgs" and the use of dashes on everything, these
don't appear to be command line options, which are handled in entirely
different paths.  Command line "-A" looks to get converted to "-NoAsserts"
and appended to M3_OPTIONS by generated Quake code, to be interpreted later.
There are a few other such conversions, but nothing else starting with "-No..."

Snip -------

--
Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org