[M3devel] real time threads

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 2 09:07:24 CEST 2015

Remember to use m3_pthread_t and PTHREAD_FROM_M3.
This is to accomodate systems where pthread_t might be an int or a pointer-sized integer.

Granted, I suppose all the ABIs make it not matter.

https://github.com/modula3/cm3/blob/af5b2314a8a7ea76d04dbedcb51dee56ab347c51/m3-libs/m3core/src/m3core.h

Should we just play it loose instead? Maybe.

Our Mac OSX code is a little different now and uses mach_port_t instead of pthread_t.
I'm not certain your code will compile there but I can look more closely, much later.

Thank you,
 - Jay